One of the more sought-after spaces in a home is an office. It could be for the purpose of running a home based business or a designated place to do household business. However, with the average home in America being around 2,400 square feet, many homeowners lack the space in their home design for this specific room.
The empty canvas we call a bonus room has a plethora of options when it comes to using the space. Don’t let this valuable square footage become a waste land. If you are strapped for ideals, use our infographic for inspiration and give your bonus room a purpose.
Eating areas, when you think about it, consume a large amount of living space in a home. A strong argument can be made that precious square footage is gobbled up with too many places to eat. Do you honestly need a dining room, a breakfast room, a breakfast bar, and island seating?
A roof design can make or break the appearance of a home. It must be considered when developing the floor plan and determining the style of architecture of a home. Having those ideas in place will lead to a well crafted roof that should be easy to frame.
Designing a home is something that takes years of practice. Sure, most of us can come up with plenty of design ideas via thumbnail sketches or back of the napkin drawings. But there is a difference between abstract concepts and actual measured designs.
For those who are interested in purchasing their own piece of land, you will find the following information valuable to your process. To be sure of your decision, you must know what to look for when buying a plot of land to build a house.
- Get a custom closet on a ... 72 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 44 views
- Touring The Auburn Museum... 39 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 32 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 26 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 24 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 24 views
- 96 square foot house R... 22 views
- Narrow Lot Italianate Hom... 20 views
- Bad Home Additions Can Ad... 18 views
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,880
Dim: 69'-8" x 83'-10"