My Goal to Document Progress…
I had some free time yesterday as my wife took the kids to game stop. They were geeked up about getting new video games to add to their collection. Since I had a couple of hours to kill, I decided to take a short road trip out to Monroe, Georgia. […]
We have all heard the phrase, “don’t judge a book by its cover”, at some time or another. It can be used in reference to many things, but today we are going to apply it to house plans. You can look at two homes with the same floor plan, but each having distinctly different elevations can make you like one and not the other.
Adding a gazebo to your yard is a great option to expanding exterior living space. Making use of a barely used deck or patio is another way you can increase your living space.
Our newest collection of house designs, the Natchez Historical Home Collection, was featured along with building designer, Kirya J. Duncan in the Natchez Democrat newspaper.
With so many house plans available to view on the web and in print magazine, it’s easy to see why so many take a shot at designing a floor plan layout. There is nothing wrong with the idea. In fact, that’s how many of my clients come up with some of their ideas and home designs which are presented to me.
It is a little know fact that Ice Cube actually studied architectural drafting at a trade school in Arizona before NWA took off in the late 1980’s. It was only for a year, but can you imagine the rapper/actor/director as an architect or building designer?
The majority of problems with indoor air is caused by dirty air conditioning ducts. HVAC systems are common in homes and provide air conditioning year-round. Air is circulated through the ductwork providing cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. Over time, this ductwork become a nesting ground for all type of debris, bacteria, and microbes.
Many subdivisions and neighborhood developments are littered with homes built with the idea of maximizing land to building ratio. Most of these homes are likely to have the worst possible location and orientation to the sun’s blazing heat. By sheer luck, some homeowners will find their homes sitting at a near perfect position with respect to the sun’s travel.
Living in small home designs doesn’t mean it has to feel that way. It also doesn’t mean that the house has to look small either. I had a client to tell me that they wanted a ranch house, but wanted it to look like a two-story house. The statement was funny, but I understood what my client was trying to convey to me. Basically, the couple wanted the coziness of a one story home with the look and feel of a two-story home. So how do you go about doing it?
- Does My State Require Hou... 67 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 38 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 30 views
- Designing Homes From the ... 26 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 23 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 23 views
- 96 square foot house R... 21 views
- Tubular Skylights: Natura... 20 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 20 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 19 views
- Requirements To Be An Architect
- Designing Homes From the Inside Out
- Reducing the Cost of Home Construction
- Does My Province Require Residential Plans to be Seal by a Registered Architect?
- Does My State Require House Plans to be Stamped by a Licensed Architect?
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,455
Dim: 66'-6" x 61'-0"