Builders continue to confront the same major challenges they have seen over the past year, including competition from the large inventory of distressed homes on the market, inaccurate appraisal values, and issues with their buyers not being able to sell an existing home or qualify for favorable mortgage rates because of overly tight underwriting requirements.
If something is giving you a hard time, there is one surefire American way to solve your problems: knock it straight to the ground.
That’s the plan that Bank of America and a number of other financial institutions have been initiating lately. And the victims? Hundreds of foreclosed homes from coast-to-coast.
Generation X –young families and adults ages 31 to 45 – are likely to lead the home buying recovery as it gets underway, according to real estate experts who spoke at an educational webinar produced by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in partnership with Builder magazine
These potential home buyers are most likely […]
When the housing market bubble burst in 2007, it had a devastating effect on an industry that rely on the amercian dream of home ownership.
The busy season for building homes can back your local building department up for weeks with an influx of plan submissions. So, it is important to plan ahead in terms of scheduling your home building project. Contact the building department to verify everything that is to accompany your set of house plans.
In the many custom homes and stock plan modifications that I perform, one request that continue to pop up is the need or want for a screen porch and a covered patio deck. In some cases, the issue is resolve with a separate screened porch and deck.
Most of you have purchased a new home at some point in your life. As always, your goal is to buy as much house as you can afford to live in. Over time you start to notice that the once large home you purchased two kids ago, has become smaller with each passing day, month, and year.
In previous additions of this article series we covered questions about building cost and building permits. These questions tend to be more frequent among all questions. Another question ask a lot deals with providing a stamp for the house plans.
- Does My State Require Hou... 79 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 42 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 30 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 28 views
- Designing Homes From the ... 27 views
- 96 square foot house R... 25 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 24 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 24 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 20 views
- Does My Province Require ... 20 views
- Requirements To Be An Architect
- Designing Homes From the Inside Out
- Reducing the Cost of Home Construction
- Does My Province Require Residential Plans to be Seal by a Registered Architect?
- Does My State Require House Plans to be Stamped by a Licensed Architect?
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,455
Dim: 66'-6" x 61'-0"