Generation X –young families and adults ages 31 to 45 – are likely to lead the home buying recovery as it gets underway, according to real estate experts who spoke at an educational webinar produced by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) in partnership with Builder magazine
These potential home buyers are most likely [...]
When the housing market bubble burst in 2007, it had a devastating effect on an industry that rely on the amercian dream of home ownership.
The busy season for building homes can back your local building department up for weeks with an influx of plan submissions. So, it is important to plan ahead in terms of scheduling your home building project. Contact the building department to verify everything that is to accompany your set of house plans.
In the previous issue relating to frequent stock house plan questions, we discussed the concern of the cost to build a house. We also noted that this is perhaps the most common question that will arise between a homeowner and building designer.
Over the years of selling stock house plans online, I have been asked dozens of questions about different concerns prior to a client making a plan purchase. Some of these questions are straight forward and require simple answers to satisfy the customer.
While saving energy and lowering your bills during the winter takes some personal sacrifice, it might not be as hard as you think.
For many homeowners seeking an alternative to paying monthly electricity bills, solar energy systems are quickly becoming the solution of choice. With not anything more than sunlight for fuel, these newer systems will permit you to create all the power your home requires. Because of improvements to these systems in recent years they are more efficient, [...]
If you happen to be tired of paying those excessive energy charges that continuously seem to be escalating, then solar panels for your home might be your answer to dramatically reducing those energy expenses and canget rid of them altogether.
Solar panels have been around for quite a while now and with the improvement [...]
The average retail price of electricity for American homeowners has increased nearly 40 percent in the last 10 years, according to the U.S. Department of Energy, costing homeowners hundreds of dollars on utility bills. With energy costs rising right along with demand for electricity, more and more homeowners are looking for ways to save and are seeking out alternative energy sources like solar power.
It’s amazing what we can do to our homes today to make them more energy efficient, from green roofs to geothermal heating. While some new homes are built with green in mind, you can also make your existing home more environmentally friendly while also saving some cash.
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
- Choosing a Staircase Design For Your Floor Plan
- Touring The Auburn Museum… 207 views
- 96 square foot house – Co… 192 views
- New House Plans to Begin … 188 views
- Get a custom closet on a … 154 views
- Adding Water To Your Home… 111 views
- Plan BP12003 – Home Under… 108 views
- Narrow Lot Italianate Hom… 102 views
- Home Building Plan, The B… 94 views
- Why Look at a House Floor… 90 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking … 82 views