The floor plan is the drawing of the outline and partitions of a building as you would see if the building were to be sliced horizontally around four feet above the floor line. It provides more specific information about the design of the building than any other drawing from the home construction set.
One of the more sought-after spaces in a home is an office. It could be for the purpose of running a home based business or a designated place to do household business. However, with the average home in America being around 2,400 square feet, many homeowners lack the space in their home design for this specific room.
The empty canvas we call a bonus room has a plethora of options when it comes to using the space. Don’t let this valuable square footage become a waste land. If you are strapped for ideals, use our infographic for inspiration and give your bonus room a purpose.
Eating areas, when you think about it, consume a large amount of living space in a home. A strong argument can be made that precious square footage is gobbled up with too many places to eat. Do you honestly need a dining room, a breakfast room, a breakfast bar, and island seating?
A roof design can make or break the appearance of a home. It must be considered when developing the floor plan and determining the style of architecture of a home. Having those ideas in place will lead to a well crafted roof that should be easy to frame.
Designing a home is something that takes years of practice. Sure, most of us can come up with plenty of design ideas via thumbnail sketches or back of the napkin drawings. But there is a difference between abstract concepts and actual measured designs.
Deciding on a type of staircase design for your floor plan can be as important as determining the design function of your home’s kitchen. Factors that help to determine this are your budget, available floor space, location of the stairs, and design taste.
When investing in a new home, the rule of thumb is the buy as much house as you can afford. This is especially true for young families. The amount of bedrooms needed in your home will vary depending on your family situation.
- Does My State Require Hou... 73 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 38 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 31 views
- Designing Homes From the ... 27 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 25 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 23 views
- 96 square foot house R... 21 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 20 views
- Does My Province Require ... 20 views
- Tubular Skylights: Natura... 20 views
- Requirements To Be An Architect
- Designing Homes From the Inside Out
- Reducing the Cost of Home Construction
- Does My Province Require Residential Plans to be Seal by a Registered Architect?
- Does My State Require House Plans to be Stamped by a Licensed Architect?
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,455
Dim: 66'-6" x 61'-0"