One of the more sought-after spaces in a home is an office. It could be for the purpose of running a home based business or a designated place to do household business. However, with the average home in America being around 2,400 square feet, many homeowners lack the space in their home design for this specific room.
The empty canvas we call a bonus room has a plethora of options when it comes to using the space. Don’t let this valuable square footage become a waste land. If you are strapped for ideals, use our infographic for inspiration and give your bonus room a purpose.
Eating areas, when you think about it, consume a large amount of living space in a home. A strong argument can be made that precious square footage is gobbled up with too many places to eat. Do you honestly need a dining room, a breakfast room, a breakfast bar, and island seating?
A roof design can make or break the appearance of a home. It must be considered when developing the floor plan and determining the style of architecture of a home. Having those ideas in place will lead to a well crafted roof that should be easy to frame.
Designing a home is something that takes years of practice. Sure, most of us can come up with plenty of design ideas via thumbnail sketches or back of the napkin drawings. But there is a difference between abstract concepts and actual measured designs.
Deciding on a type of staircase design for your floor plan can be as important as determining the design function of your home’s kitchen. Factors that help to determine this are your budget, available floor space, location of the stairs, and design taste.
When investing in a new home, the rule of thumb is the buy as much house as you can afford. This is especially true for young families. The amount of bedrooms needed in your home will vary depending on your family situation.
We have all heard the phrase, “don’t judge a book by its cover”, at some time or another. It can be used in reference to many things, but today we are going to apply it to house plans. You can look at two homes with the same floor plan, but each having distinctly different elevations can make you like one and not the other.
- Touring The Auburn Museum... 480 views
- 96 square foot house R... 246 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 239 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 194 views
- Plan BP12003 – Home... 168 views
- Adding Water To Your Home... 159 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 152 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 114 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 112 views
- Home Building Plan, The B... 111 views
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,880
Dim: 69'-8" x 83'-10"