A standby generator provides a back-up power source for as long as you need it. They are connected to a propane or natural gas supply line and use an automatic transfer switch to monitor your utility power. From the time you lose power, the generator starts without you having to lift a finger.
Adding a gazebo to your yard is a great option to expanding exterior living space. Making use of a barely used deck or patio is another way you can increase your living space.
The majority of problems with indoor air is caused by dirty air conditioning ducts. HVAC systems are common in homes and provide air conditioning year-round. Air is circulated through the ductwork providing cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. Over time, this ductwork become a nesting ground for all type of debris, bacteria, and microbes.
As days grow shorter and temperatures fall, it’s time once again to prepare your home for the long winter months ahead. Taking a few minutes now to walk around your home-visually inspecting important systems from a safety perspective and making note of routine maintenance chores that need attention-is a great way to get started, and a good winter maintenance checklist can help.
Are lower real estate values keeping you in your current home – even though you were hoping to upgrade? Or, maybe you can’t bear the thought of boxing up all your belongings to move? You’re not alone. More homeowners are staying in their current homes, but remodeling with the idea of improving their quality of life and adding more “live-in value,” according to recent research from Consumer Reports.
Who wouldn’t like an extra set of hands around the house? Or some help with basic everyday activities such as keeping your home comfortable? And if that extra help could also make your home more energy efficient – reducing your utility bills – wouldn’t that be an added bonus?
Are you keeping your home longer than you expected, due to the sluggish and uncertain home-resale market? If you are, you’ve got company. Only 43 percent of homeowners believe they would get their asking price if they sold today, according to the latest American Express Spending & Saving Tracker.
The latest options in clay brick offer increasingly green benefits for more sustainable homes that can help homeowners save on major household costs. Naturally organic with virtually no waste, brick helps lower energy costs and upkeep through a maintenance-free exterior that offers superior durability, moisture control, termite resistance, proven stability and enduring beauty.
The bathroom is an oasis for many of us, a place where we not only take care of personal needs, but also relax and decompress after a hectic day. But as people grow older and less mobile, the bathroom can become a risky place.
- Touring The Auburn Museum… 367 views
- 96 square foot house – Co… 216 views
- Get a custom closet on a … 182 views
- Adding Water To Your Home… 142 views
- New House Plans to Begin … 126 views
- What You Should Know Befo… 109 views
- Plan BP12003 – Home Under… 105 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking … 103 views
- Home Building Plan, The B… 99 views
- Grading Prepared for Land… 78 views
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
- Choosing a Staircase Design For Your Floor Plan