Jay Shafer downsized to an 96 square foot house design from a 4000 square foot home in which he grew up in. In doing so, he also turned this into a career some 10 years ago. The question is, can you adapt to this type of living? I know I can’t with a wife and 3 kids. In fact, I don’t know if I can do it if I lived alone.
To put the size of this house in context, 96 square feet is slightly smaller than a 10’x10′ or 100 square foot bedroom. Yet, to see how efficient this guy is using every available square foot and inch is interesting.
For more on this small house, see the video to a tiny home tour.
Professional Building Designer and owner Design Evolutions Inc., GA, specializing in residential design. Visit online at http://www.designevolutions.com
- Does My State Require Hou... 73 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 40 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 32 views
- Designing Homes From the ... 27 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 26 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 23 views
- 96 square foot house R... 22 views
- Tubular Skylights: Natura... 21 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 20 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 20 views
- Requirements To Be An Architect
- Designing Homes From the Inside Out
- Reducing the Cost of Home Construction
- Does My Province Require Residential Plans to be Seal by a Registered Architect?
- Does My State Require House Plans to be Stamped by a Licensed Architect?
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,455
Dim: 66'-6" x 61'-0"