Jay Shafer downsized to an 96 square foot house design from a 4000 square foot home in which he grew up in. In doing so, he also turned this into a career some 10 years ago. The question is, can you adapt to this type of living? I know I can’t with a wife and 3 kids. In fact, I don’t know if I can do it if I lived alone.
To put the size of this house in context, 96 square feet is slightly smaller than a 10′x10′ or 100 square foot bedroom. Yet, to see how efficient this guy is using every available square foot and inch is interesting.
For more on this small house, see the video to a tiny home tour.
Professional Building Designer and owner Design Evolutions Inc., GA, specializing in residential design. Visit online at http://www.designevolutions.com
- Touring The Auburn Museum… 426 views
- 96 square foot house – Co… 217 views
- Get a custom closet on a … 202 views
- What You Should Know Befo… 169 views
- Adding Water To Your Home… 132 views
- Plan BP12003 – Home Under… 123 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking … 122 views
- Why Look at a House Floor… 116 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers… 110 views
- New House Plans to Begin … 95 views
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,880
Dim: 69'-8" x 83'-10"