In the many custom homes and stock plan modifications that I perform, one request that continue to pop up is the need or want for a screen porch and a covered patio deck. In some cases, the issue is resolve with a separate screened porch and deck. When there isn’t room in the design or the budget, I recommend combining the two into one. Clients are usually puzzled at this point and wonder how is this possible. After all, a screen porch has fixed panels right? Yes they do, but if you are using power screens, retractable screens or a Motion Screen, you eliminate the fixed panels.
Retractable Screens do just as the name implies, they retract when not in use and remain out of sight. You can use them on entry doors, out swing & in swing doors, patio and sliding doors, double french doors, garage doors, and windows. They can be used in new construction or installed in your existing home with ease. They are also puncture resistant, tear resistant, and mildew resistant.
The specific name for the screens on a covered patio deck is called a Motion Screen. At the click of a button, you can turn an open patio deck into a bug and pest-free outdoor living space. When you are ready for an open patio just click the button once more and watch the screens rise and disappear. If the sun is beaming down on the covered patio deck for the better part of your day this can be problematic. However, Motion Screens can help with this too. These screens actually block UV rays and the sun’s glare which helps to decrease the patio temperature by several degrees.
If you have a desire for a screen porch but love the openness of your patio deck, consider using Motion Screens. You get the best of both worlds in one space. Retractable Screens are manufactured by Clear View Products Southeast, Inc. and have distribution all across the U.S. and in several countries abroad including Canada and Dubai.
Professional Building Designer and owner Design Evolutions Inc., GA, specializing in residential design. Visit online at http://www.designevolutions.com
Hang Out and Read More Posts:
- Does My State Require Hou... 82 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 41 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 30 views
- Designing Homes From the ... 30 views
- 96 square foot house R... 27 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 25 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 24 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 23 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 21 views
- Tubular Skylights: Natura... 21 views
- Requirements To Be An Architect
- Designing Homes From the Inside Out
- Reducing the Cost of Home Construction
- Does My Province Require Residential Plans to be Seal by a Registered Architect?
- Does My State Require House Plans to be Stamped by a Licensed Architect?
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,455
Dim: 66'-6" x 61'-0"