Jay Shafer downsized to an 96 square foot house design from a 4000 square foot home in which he grew up in. In doing so, he also turned this into a career some 10 years ago. The question is, can you adapt to this type of living? I know I can’t with a wife and […]
Have you seen subdivisions wherein they have amazing landscapes? Have you ever wondered why there are communities that seem to be so much quieter than others? You have probably seen areas that boast excellent features such as pools, clubhouses, and other fun activities. A lot of people are able to enjoy this type of lifestyle due to their management by a Homeowners Association.
The AP reports that the housing market continues to struggle in this down economy. Now that the $8000.00 federal tax credit has ended, housing sales have fallen off drasticlly. Builders across the nation believe it will remain sluggish for the rest of the year.
With the rise in energy bills, homeowners are constantly looking for ways to cut back on utility cost. Whether it’s installing energy saving windows or maximizing attic insulation, each energy saving trick helps. Another way of doing so…
We now offer commercial building design services to include interior space planning for shell construction. Our focus is on one story commercial structures up to 5,000 square feet for small office buildings, light retail, and office warehouse use.
Walk into any older home and you’ll always find a lot of hardwood details – wainscoting, crown moulding, fireplace surrounds, spindled staircases, even chair rails–because decorative trimwork used to be standard in new home construction. But after World War II, builders began reducing the amount of trim…
If you’ve had your eye on the outdoor living industry at all, you’ve no doubt seen a pergola or two in some shape or form. Pergolas, or a large arbor with enough room under it for a living space, is latest and most popular garden structure used for defining or redefining outdoor living areas.
Still worrying about what goes with what when you’re decorating? Design style leaders nix the match — “too boring” – in favor of mixing colors, wood grains, stains and textures throughout a room.
A home remodel should be a project that provides benefits for many years to come. One way to get the most out of your investment long-term is by incorporating elements of universal design, according to the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI).
- Does My State Require Hou... 79 views
- Get a custom closet on a ... 41 views
- Designing Homes From the ... 30 views
- Why Look at a House Floor... 30 views
- A Pergola or Arbor Offers... 25 views
- 96 square foot house R... 25 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking ... 24 views
- What You Should Know Befo... 24 views
- New House Plans to Begin ... 21 views
- Tubular Skylights: Natura... 21 views
- Requirements To Be An Architect
- Designing Homes From the Inside Out
- Reducing the Cost of Home Construction
- Does My Province Require Residential Plans to be Seal by a Registered Architect?
- Does My State Require House Plans to be Stamped by a Licensed Architect?
- Spring Savings On All House Plans
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
Featured Stock Plan
Total Sq Ft: 2,455
Dim: 66'-6" x 61'-0"