With so many house plans available to view on the web and in print magazine, it’s easy to see why so many take a shot at designing a floor plan layout. There is nothing wrong with the idea. In fact, that’s how many of my clients come up with some of their ideas and home designs which are presented to me.
Today’s average new home is smaller than those from recent years at 2,135 square feet. It emphasizes inviting, livable spaces, and downplays the formal, untouched rooms of yesterday.
It is a little know fact that Ice Cube actually studied architectural drafting at a trade school in Arizona before NWA took off in the late 1980′s. It was only for a year, but can you imagine the rapper/actor/director as an architect or building designer?
The majority of problems with indoor air is caused by dirty air conditioning ducts. HVAC systems are common in homes and provide air conditioning year-round. Air is circulated through the ductwork providing cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter. Over time, this ductwork become a nesting ground for all type of debris, bacteria, and microbes.
Today’s home automation systems offer practical, cost-effective solutions for convenience, security, safety, energy savings and entertainment. The latest systems provide new levels of controls, accessibility and connection.
As days grow shorter and temperatures fall, it’s time once again to prepare your home for the long winter months ahead. Taking a few minutes now to walk around your home-visually inspecting important systems from a safety perspective and making note of routine maintenance chores that need attention-is a great way to get started, and a good winter maintenance checklist can help.
Many subdivisions and neighborhood developments are littered with homes built with the idea of maximizing land to building ratio. Most of these homes are likely to have the worst possible location and orientation to the sun’s blazing heat. By sheer luck, some homeowners will find their homes sitting at a near perfect position with respect to the sun’s travel.
Living in small home designs doesn’t mean it has to feel that way. It also doesn’t mean that the house has to look small either. I had a client to tell me that they wanted a ranch house, but wanted it to look like a two-story house. The statement was funny, but I understood what my client was trying to convey to me. Basically, the couple wanted the coziness of a one story home with the look and feel of a two-story home. So how do you go about doing it?
- Touring The Auburn Museum… 355 views
- 96 square foot house – Co… 219 views
- Get a custom closet on a … 183 views
- Adding Water To Your Home… 142 views
- New House Plans to Begin … 130 views
- What You Should Know Befo… 110 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking … 103 views
- Plan BP12003 – Home Under… 102 views
- Home Building Plan, The B… 102 views
- Grading Prepared for Land… 80 views
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
- Choosing a Staircase Design For Your Floor Plan