Builders continue to confront the same major challenges they have seen over the past year, including competition from the large inventory of distressed homes on the market, inaccurate appraisal values, and issues with their buyers not being able to sell an existing home or qualify for favorable mortgage rates because of overly tight underwriting requirements.
When the housing market bubble burst in 2007, it had a devastating effect on an industry that rely on the amercian dream of home ownership.
The AP reports that the housing market continues to struggle in this down economy. Now that the $8000.00 federal tax credit has ended, housing sales have fallen off drasticlly. Builders across the nation believe it will remain sluggish for the rest of the year.
- Narrow Lot Italianate Home Plan
- Home Office Nook: Taking Care of Business
- Bonus Room Ideas Infographic
- Sizing Your Garage For Optimal Usage
- Dining Areas Can Eat Up Valuable Square Footage In Your Home Design
- Designing a Roof Plan For A House
- Qualities Indicative of Good House Design
- What You Should Know Before Buying Land For Your Home
- Laundry Room Location In Home Designs
- Choosing a Staircase Design For Your Floor Plan
- Touring The Auburn Museum… 285 views
- 96 square foot house – Co… 219 views
- New House Plans to Begin … 187 views
- Get a custom closet on a … 168 views
- Adding Water To Your Home… 147 views
- Home Building Plan, The B… 142 views
- Plan BP12003 – Home Under… 138 views
- Why Look at a House Floor… 118 views
- Narrow Lot Italianate Hom… 110 views
- Home Office Nook: Taking … 102 views