On a slab or crawlspace foundation: $3.00 per square foot up to 9,999 sq ft*
On a basement foundation: $3.50 per square foot up to 9,999 sq ft*
Contact us for a custom quote on larger designs.
* An additional fee of 15% will apply with increased design complexity (i.e. angled building design, unusual design concepts, etc.).
The Interview Phase
The most important phase of the entire design process. Here we will gather the necessary information for the design of your home. This can take place in person or by phone or email correspondence. We encourage you to bring to this meeting all materials you have prepared along with any design requirements. Examples include, the square footage limit, room requirements, visual references that shows what you are looking for in your home, the description of your site with setbacks and lot dimensions, your lot survey, deed restrictions, and any requirements made by an architectural control committee if necessary.
The Design Phase
During this phase, we develop a preliminary design of the floor plan and elevation concept based on information obtained in the interview phase.
The Design Development Phase
During this phase, the client and designer fine tune the preliminary design to the exact needs of the client.
The Working Drawings phase
In this phase, a complete set of architectural construction documents will be developed to include the necessary specifications and details exceeding the minimum requirements of basic design services for a set of permit ready plans otherwise known as a "Architectural Construction Set".
A "Designer construction set" (permit set) includes the following:
- Cover sheet with page index
- Site plan: (owners surveyor must provide plat or land survey)*
- Foundation plan
- Floor plans, window & door schedule
- Four (4) exterior elevations
- Roof plan overview
- Wall sections, foundation details, and other misc. details as required.
- Schematic electrical plans
- Building cross section (minimum of one)
- Kitchen and bath cabinet elevations
- Interior elevation design: minimum one focal point area, built-ins, standard trim details, etc.
- 3D computer generated (photo realistic) color rendering
* This sheet is optional and can be provided by your builder or surveyor if a plat is not available prior to the design process.
If you just need a simple set of house plans, we also offer a "basic custom home design services" package.
At the request of the homeowner, we can provide CAD or PDF files of your custom house plans to engineers for framing and other engineering packages.