Do you like one of our plans but need to modify a few things? We recommend that you use of our stock house plan modification services to customize the house plans to your needs. Submit your request and let’s get started.
Modification bid request: $25.00
- Fill out the form with your modification request and send it to us.
- Make your payment.
- See below for an explanation on the modification process.
Modifications are done on an hourly rate. Changes that are not design related are charged at $100.00 per hour. Changes that involve design or redesign work are billed at $175.00 per hour.
On average, our modification services have been in the range of $200 to $3,500 (excluding the cost of the plan). Your cost could be in this range or more depending on the amount of changes and size of the home.
- To begin, fill out the form and send it to us. We may contact you for more information.
- After you send your request, make your payment. Be sure to make payment immediately or your bid request will not be prepared and will be deleted after 2 business days.
- Any pictures and sketches you may have can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will send you a bid within 2 business days detailing the cost & time frame for the modifications. The bid will be valid for 30 days.
- If you agree to the terms of the bid, then we will invoice you for the cost of the plan plus 50% of the modification fee. The balance will be payable upon completion of the plan modification.
NOTE: If you agree to proceed with the modification, the fee for the modification bid will be deducted from the final cost.
Why do you charge $25.00 for a modification bid request?
We get requests for modification bids quite often. Each of these request have to be researched and it involves determining the possibilities of a plan modification, how it affect other parts of the design, how much time it will take to make the changes, and so on. The process is time consuming.
Our $25.00 fee cover the expense of the designer’s time to review your modification request and prepare a bid. It does not include any sketches or extensive consulting.
If you need consultation after receiving your bid, you can schedule a complimentary 15 minute phone call so that we can answer your questions. You will need to contact us to set up that appointment. Additional time for phone consultation will be $50.00 for 30 minutes.
How long does it take to modify a plan?
Modification jobs vary depending on the amount of changes, the size of the home, and our current workload.
Once the initial house plan modifications are made, you will receive a preliminary of the changes to approve. Any additional changes not included in the original bid will result in additional fees and time. This will be addressed in the bid. Upon approval, the construction documents will be adjusted to the modifications and the plans will be finalized. We will deliver your newly modified plans to you once we receive your final payment.
On average, it take 3-4 weeks to modify a plan from start to finish; however, it may take longer depending on the complexity of your changes. An estimated time of completion will be included in your bid.